A charitable foundation was established in 1778 and moved into a newly constructed school building in 1784. The school was rebuilt on its current site in 1793. The adjoining cottage was also purchased at and converted into a house for the school mistress. The Foundation provided education to girls from the local area through to 1904, when it was closed as a Public Elementary School following the 1902 Education Act.
Three volunteers are sought to act as trustees of two charities associated with the Charity School Buildings in Edmonton, to support the next steps in securing a future and new use for these buildings. The appointments are intended to be temporary (for a period up to approximately 12 months) and will be crucial in making key decisions about the site including a transfer of ownership.