The London Borough of Enfield have launched a site asking the public for ideas about how to make our streets safer once the lock-down is eased. On the Let’s Talk covid-19 web-site you can add your own suggestions to a map of the Borough. Continue reading
- Enfield Society online shop re-opens 25-May-2020
- Still no news about the Museum and Archive Service move 25-May-2020
- London Historic Buildings Trust to consider the future of the Charity School, Edmonton 24-May-2020
- New River Enfield Loop: water level—update 20-May-2020
- Colosseum Retail Park: Enfield Society’s joint submission to the Planning Application 18-May-2020
- Open House London appeals for money 15-May-2020
- London Green Belt Council May newsletter 15-May-2020
- Major changes planned for St Andrew’s Church and Parish Centre 13-May-2020
- Membership sales now available 11-May-2020
- Latest newsletter now available 11-May-2020
Next Enfield Society talks
Jubilee Hall will remain closed until September 2020 at the earliest. Please check our coronavirus page for the latest news.
All eventsSep16Wed8:00 pm Mapping the New River in 1619 @ Jubilee HallMapping the New River in 1619 @ Jubilee HallSep 16 @ 8:00 pmTalk by Rachel Macdonald. An Edmonton Hundred Historical Society meeting. Doors open 7.30pm. Visitors welcome, £1 each.Sep17Thu8:00 pm Enfield Society AGM @ Jubilee HallEnfield Society AGM @ Jubilee HallSep 17 @ 8:00 pm – 9:30 pmOur AGM was originally planned for June but moved to this date due to coronavirus. We hope our speaker, Nick Dines, will still be available to address the meeting. Doors open 7.30pm. All members welcome. Our speaker this year will be Nick Dines, Managing Director Concilio, who will be talking...Oct31SatNov18Wed2:30 pm The History of Regent’s Canal @ Jubilee HallThe History of Regent’s Canal @ Jubilee HallNov 18 @ 2:30 pmTalk by Roger Squires. An Edmonton Hundred Historical Society meeting. Doors open 2pm. Visitors welcome, £1 each.Nov24Tue10:30 am Swinging London @ Jubilee HallSwinging London @ Jubilee HallNov 24 @ 10:30 amTalk by Nick Dobson. The Sixties saw London cast off the gloom of the post-war years and transform into the bright, swinging centre of style and culture. This illustrated timeline will provide a reminder of that groovy, swinging decade!Dec16Wed8:00 pm Christmas on the Home Front in WW2 @ Jubilee HallChristmas on the Home Front in WW2 @ Jubilee HallDec 16 @ 8:00 pmTalk by Mike Brown. An Edmonton Hundred Historical Society meeting. Doors open 7.30pm. Visitors welcome, £1 each.