Metaswitch currently occupy Ross House on Windmill Hill, Enfield and their main building 100 Windmill Hill adjacent to the New River. With the move to their new premises in Genotin Road, both buildings will be vacant. The Dominvs Group who are currently developing The Fox PH in Palmers Green have purchased both sites and are intending to bring them forward for residential developments. A public consultation exhibition had been planned for March, but this had to be cancelled.
- Discover the Merryhills Way 01-Jul-2020
- Enfield Society writes to the Leader about the Museum and Archive Service 01-Jul-2020
- Open House 2020: your suggestions are wanted 30-Jun-2020
- Enfield Town: Equality Impact Assessment released 30-Jun-2020
- Enfield Council reject Southgate Office Village planning application 24-Jun-2020
- New River Loop: water level recovers 22-Jun-2020
- Enfield Council set to approve Southgate Office Village? 18-Jun-2020
- Virtual tour of the Charity School Edmonton 18-Jun-2020
- New River Loop water level 18-Jun-2020
- Trent Park Water Garden 12-Jun-2020
Next Enfield Society talks
Jubilee Hall remains closed at present. Please check our coronavirus page for the latest news.
All eventsSep16Wed8:00 pm Mapping the New River in 1619 @ Jubilee HallMapping the New River in 1619 @ Jubilee HallSep 16 @ 8:00 pmTalk by Rachel Macdonald. An Edmonton Hundred Historical Society meeting. Doors open 7.30pm. Visitors welcome, £1 each.Sep17Thu8:00 pm Enfield Society AGM @ Jubilee HallEnfield Society AGM @ Jubilee HallSep 17 @ 8:00 pm – 9:30 pmOur AGM was originally planned for June but moved to this date due to coronavirus. We hope our speaker, Nick Dines, will still be available to address the meeting. Doors open 7.30pm. All members welcome. Our speaker this year will be Nick Dines, Managing Director Concilio, who will be talking...Oct31SatNov18Wed2:30 pm The History of Regent’s Canal @ Jubilee HallThe History of Regent’s Canal @ Jubilee HallNov 18 @ 2:30 pmTalk by Roger Squires. An Edmonton Hundred Historical Society meeting. Doors open 2pm. Visitors welcome, £1 each.Nov24Tue10:30 am Swinging London @ Jubilee HallSwinging London @ Jubilee HallNov 24 @ 10:30 amTalk by Nick Dobson. The Sixties saw London cast off the gloom of the post-war years and transform into the bright, swinging centre of style and culture. This illustrated timeline will provide a reminder of that groovy, swinging decade!Dec16Wed8:00 pm Christmas on the Home Front in WW2 @ Jubilee HallChristmas on the Home Front in WW2 @ Jubilee HallDec 16 @ 8:00 pmTalk by Mike Brown. An Edmonton Hundred Historical Society meeting. Doors open 7.30pm. Visitors welcome, £1 each.