- Southgate Office Village: developer to appeal to Secretary of State 26-Apr-2021
Last year Enfield Council refused planning permission for the controversial planning application at Southgate for three tower blocks. The Planning Committee was unanimous in its decision.
As an objector to the application, The Society has received formal notice of the decision by the developer to make an appeal to the Secretary of State.
- Enfield Independent: Dugdale archive to move to Civic Centre ground floor 24-Apr-2021
The Enfield Independent has a news item which reports that the Council has announced the Local Studies Library will be housed on the ground floor of the Civic Centre.
- Whitewebbs: open letter to LBE from Middlesex Golf 11-Apr-2021
Chairman R. P. W. Andrews and County Secretary Darragh Coghan have written an open letter to LBE’s Chief Executive Ian Davis concerning the closure and future of Whitewebbs Golf Course and describe the news as “devastating”. Read the letter here .
- Whitewebbs: LBE Letter to Chase Ward residents 26-Mar-2021
The following is the text of an e-mail sent by Mark Bradbury (Directory of Property) to all Chase Ward Residents:
In recent weeks there has been much misinformation circulated about the future of Whitewebbs Park, causing great anxiety to some residents. It is important residents are provided with the facts.
Enfield Council is not selling or disposing ...
- Palace Square survey results: Enfield Independent report 22-Mar-2021
The first of two sessions was held today where Civic Voice gave the results from the recent Palace Square survey. The Enfield Independent has published this report online.
You can still book for the second session on Thursday 25th March at 7pm. Registration required.
- LBE one of 70 authorities to benefit from High Street Task Force 20-Mar-2021
The High Streets Task Force, an alliance of place making experts working to redefine the high street, has announced that the London Borough of Enfield is among 70 authorities it will be working with. At present The Enfield Society does not know if this is a Borough-wide initiative or to be focused on specific locations.
- Society Environment Statement 18-Mar-2021
The Enfield Society is often asked if it has a view on a range of environmental measures such as Low Traffic Neighbourhoods, pollution controls and traffic calming generally. The object of the Society as set out in its terms of reference as a charity is the conservation and enhancement of the civic and natural environments ...
- Civic Voice to announce Survey results in two more public meetings 11-Mar-2021
Our survey, which will be independently analysed by Civic Voice, closes on the 18th March. Please complete it here if you have not yet done so.
Civic Voice will announce the results in two public zoom webinars. Registration is required and free to all:
Monday 22nd March at 1pm, register here
Thursday 25th March at 7pm, register here
- Fairview Homes looking for a ‘substantial urban extension’ to Enfield on Green Belt land 06-Mar-2021
A member and owner of Green Belt land to the west of the Ridgeway in Enfield has notified The Society of a move by Fairview New Homes Ltd to submit the land to the Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment.
Are we going to loose these woods to Fairview Homes?
A Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment (SHLAA) is ...
- Society Grants: can we help your organisation? 05-Mar-2021
Did you know the Enfield Society makes grants to local organisations? We can grant amounts from £100 to £5000 to further support our aims as a registered charity. Find out more. . .