- Council responds to the Enfield Society’s alternative proposal for Archive 23-Oct-2020We have received a reply from Mark Bradbury, Director of Property and Economy. You may read the letter here .
- LBE publish detailed proposals for Enfield Town 21-Oct-2020The Let’s Talk Enfield Town process, which began in September 2019, has now produced a detailed set of proposals for the Town Centre. You can access the files from the Council web-site. On the right of the page is the document library. Start with the Information Boards, as these are probably more straight-forward to digest. All ...
- Dugdale Archive: The Enfield Society offers £20K for the Museum 21-Oct-2020The Enfield Society has announced that in support of its new alternative proposal for planned changes at the Dugdale Centre / Thomas Hardy House Ever Stronger: Revising Enfield Council’s Plans on Dugdale Centre/Thomas Hardy House, it is prepared to offer £20,000 in match funding to Enfield Council in order to enhance the displays of the ...
- Could you be a Trustee for the Charity School in Edmonton? 16-Oct-2020A charitable foundation was established in 1778 and moved into a newly constructed school building in 1784. The school was rebuilt on its current site in 1793. The adjoining cottage was also purchased at and converted into a house for the school mistress. The Foundation provided education to girls from the local area through to ...
- Palace Square Enfield: the Society’s view 16-Oct-2020The Enfield Society has issued the following press release concerning the proposed development in Enfield Town Centre: The Enfield Society has looked carefully at the proposals for Palace Gardens shopping centre and had a meeting with the developers on Tuesday 13th October. We support the need for investment in the Town Centre and believe that many of ...
- Enfield and London go into COVID Tier 2 15-Oct-2020As from 00:01 Saturday 17th October, the London Borough of Enfield plus the other 31 London Boroughs enter Tier 2 of the government’s Coronavirus restrictions. The main new restriction being imposed relates to the meeting of others indoors. You must not meet socially with friends and family indoors in any setting unless you live with them or ...
- Latest national Heritage at Risk Register published 15-Oct-2020Historic England has published the most recent Heritage at Risk Register on 15 October 2020. The Register identifies sites most ‘at risk’ of being lost as a result of neglect, decay or inappropriate development. In 2020 there are 5,097 entries on the Heritage at Risk Register. Across England there are 491 conservation areas on the register ...
- Palace Square: major redevelopment proposal for the centre of Enfield Town 13-Oct-2020The Society has now issued a Press Release concerning this development In order to create a modern destination for the centre of Enfield, project architects EPR have created initial proposals for Palace Square, a new food, leisure and living experience in the heart of Enfield. The new Palace Square would act as the heart from which new ...
- The Enfield Chase Restoration Project: more details 12-Oct-2020In the preparation for our Winter 2020 newsletter, we have received a copy of the Council Stakeholder Engagement Document (dated February 2020!) which gives a lot more details about this massive project. Note that you can also get involved by volunteering for tree planting at one of many sessions happening between now and March 2021.
- New proposal for the Archive & Museum at the Dugdale Centre published by The Enfield Society 09-Oct-2020Friday 9th October. Today The Enfield Society has published its alternative proposal for Council’s Children & Youth Services which would enable the retention of the Archive and Museum on the 1st Floor of The Dugdale Centre, whilst achieving the Council’s aim of bringing the service together in Enfield Town. Download your copy of our proposal here. This ...
- Council responds to the Enfield Society’s alternative proposal for Archive 23-Oct-2020
- LBE publish detailed proposals for Enfield Town 21-Oct-2020
- Dugdale Archive: The Enfield Society offers £20K for the Museum 21-Oct-2020
- Could you be a Trustee for the Charity School in Edmonton? 16-Oct-2020
- Palace Square Enfield: the Society’s view 16-Oct-2020
- Enfield and London go into COVID Tier 2 15-Oct-2020
- Latest national Heritage at Risk Register published 15-Oct-2020
- Palace Square: major redevelopment proposal for the centre of Enfield Town 13-Oct-2020
- The Enfield Chase Restoration Project: more details 12-Oct-2020
- New proposal for the Archive & Museum at the Dugdale Centre published by The Enfield Society 09-Oct-2020
Enfield Society Zoom talksOct27Tue10:30 am The Enfield Chase Restoration Pr... @ ZoomThe Enfield Chase Restoration Pr... @ ZoomOct 27 @ 10:30 amTalk by Graham Campbell (London Borough of Enfield). The Enfield Chase Restoration Project has an overall vision to create a long-term, multi-beneficial, publicly accessible woodland within the rural area of Enfield in order to benefit the local community and improve the environment of Enfield. Led by Enfield Council the woodland...Nov16Mon8:00 pm The New River @ ZoomThe New River @ ZoomNov 16 @ 8:00 pmTalk by Richard Thomas. Follow the building of this 400 year old 40 mile long wandering man-made waterway from Chadwell Spring in Hertfordshire to the Round Pond in Islington. It was created to supply Jacobean London with fresh drinking water when many of the population were having to consume untreated...Nov24Tue10:30 am Swinging London @ ZoomSwinging London @ ZoomNov 24 @ 10:30 amTalk by Nick Dobson. The Sixties saw London cast off the gloom of the post-war years and transform into the bright, swinging centre of style and culture. This illustrated timeline will provide a reminder of that groovy, swinging decade! Zoom meeting details will be made available to members via our...
Other Zoom talksNov10Tue8:00 pm The Cross-Channel Empire of the ... @ ZoomThe Cross-Channel Empire of the ... @ ZoomNov 10 @ 8:00 pmAn Historical Association talk by Professor David Bates (University of East Anglia), author of the leading modern biography of William the Conqueror. All welcome to join, including non-members. Zoom details available from Branch Secretary on email@example.comNov23Mon8:00 pm Rupert of the Rhine, a Man of Ma... @ ZoomRupert of the Rhine, a Man of Ma... @ ZoomNov 23 @ 8:00 pmAn Historical Association talk by Councillor Michael Rye OBE (Branch Chairman) on Charles I’s nephew and leading figure on the cavalier side in the Civil War. All welcome to join, including non-members. Zoom details available from Branch Secretary on firstname.lastname@example.orgJan12Tue8:00 pm Henry VII and the End of the Mid... @ ZoomHenry VII and the End of the Mid... @ ZoomJan 12 @ 8:00 pmTalk by Professor Steven Gunn (Merton College, Oxford). This is an Historical Association (North London) talk which is also open to non members. E-mail Robin Blades for the zoom meeting IDs.
Monday October 12th to Saturday November 7th 2020. Free admission.
The annual exhibition of the Enfield Camera Club is taking place in the Gallery of the Dugdale Centre, Enfield. This will feature mounted prints by the club membership, ranging from comparative enthusiastic beginners to highly technically advanced workers. There will be an opportunity to vote for favourite photographs, as well as general club and other literature being available. A wide variety of refreshments are also available within the centre. For more details on the club please visit our web site.