Notice of Annual General Meeting
The Annual General Meeting of The Enfield Society will be held at Jubilee Hall, 2 Parsonage Lane, Enfield on Thursday 13 June 2019 at 8 pm for the purpose of transacting the following business:-
- To approve the Minutes of the 2018 Annual General Meeting of the Society.
- To receive the Report of the Management Committee and the Accounts for the year ended 31 December 2018.
- To re-elect the Honorary Secretary and Honorary Treasurer.
- To re-elect the following Trustees of the Society who, in accordance with Article 29, retire by rotation and offer themselves for re-election: Janet McQueen and Anne Osborne.
- To appoint, on the recommendation of the Trustees, the following additional Trustees of the Society: Andrew Lack and Hilary Morris.
- To confirm the nomination of Leonard Will as a Vice-President of the Society.
- Any member may appoint any other person as his or her proxy to exercise all or any of his or her rights to attend and to speak and vote at the meeting.
- Under Article 32 no person other than a trustee retiring by rotation shall be appointed or re-appointed as a trustee at any general meeting unless:-
(a) he is recommended by the trustees;
(b1) by no later than 1st May in any year, notice executed by a member qualified to vote at the meeting has been given to the Society of the intention to propose that person for appointment or re-appointment, stating the particulars which would, if he were so appointed, be included in the Society’s register of trustees;
(b2) the proposal is accompanied by notice executed in support by at least 10 members of the Society or such lesser number as may be resolved by the Society in general meeting.
- Andrew Lack was born on 18 February 1957 and is retired. Hilary Morris was born on 2 September 1955 and is a librarian. Both of them are British and resident in the United Kingdom. The address for service for both of them is the registered office of the Society.
The Annual Report of the Management Committee and a Financial Statement for the year ended 31 December 2018 are circulated with this notice; please bring them to the Meeting.
The draft minutes of the 2018 AGM can be downloaded here.
Our 2017 Annual Report is available here.
Following the formal business of the meeting there will be a talk by Carol Fisk of Enfield RoadWatch and Alice Roberts of the Campaign to Protect Rural England entitled Keeping Enfield Green.
By order of the Management Committee, Richard Stones, Hon. Secretary 14th May 2019