Shown in outline on the 1914 O.S. No houses had yet been built.
Part of the Enfield New Town development commenced in 1853. See Cecil Road.
The former drive to Durants Arbour. In 1754 it was called Durance Lane [TM].
The 1896 0.S. shows the road complete. The name derives from Sir Nicholas Raynton who built Forty Hall in 1629.
So-called on the Enfield Chase Enclosure Map of 1777.
The first houses were occupied by 1904 [K]. The name probably derives from Joseph Frederick Ridler who owned a butcher’s shop in Baker Street [K 1899].
A building notice for two houses was submitted in 1872 [RB 20.12.1872]. See also Ingersoll Road.
Plans for one house were deposited in 1892 [RB 18.2.1892]. The name reflects the proximity of the New River.
Originally called River Bank, it acquired its present name in 1912 [K]. It fronts on to the New River.
Part of the Birkbeck Estate. It was originally a cul-de-sac from Lavender Road. Plans for one house were deposited in 1881 [RB 1.7.1881]. The section linking up with Baker Street had been built by 1903 and was originally known as Montague Road [K].
The first houses were occupied 1904 [K].
Part of the Bycullah Estate, developed from 1878. The road was named after Mr. Culloden Rowan, the developer.
Part of the Bridgenhall Estate which was broken up for building in 1868. The name appears on the auctioneer’s plan. The first houses were occupied in 1903 [K]. The road was probably named after the prominent Liberal politician Lord John Russell (1792-1878).