Part of the Moat House Estate bought by the Conservative Land Society C. 1854. The 1867 O.S. shows the road laid out but with no houses built. The first houses were occupied in 1901 [K]. See also Burleigh Road and Stanley Road.
The eastern end of the road follows the alignment of a former cul-de-sac from Ponders End High Street known as Goat Lane. It was so-called in 1851 [Ce]. The name came from the Goat P.H. in Ponders End High Street.