Nags Head Road
Plans for seven houses were submitted in 1890 [RB 3.7.1890]. It forms an eastern continuation of Southbury Road which prior to 1882 was known as Nags Head Lane. See also Southbury Road.
The 1867 O.S. shows the road laid out but with no houses built. It was probably named after Field-Marshal Lord Napier (1810-90), who played a leading part in the suppression of the Indian Mutiny.
Part of the Falcon Estate developed from 1885. See Falcon Road. It was probably named after Lord Nelson.
Shown in outline on the 1867 O.S. No houses had yet been built.
Plans were deposited for five houses in 1881 [RB 15.7.1881].
The first houses were occupied in 1911 [K]. The western part of the road was originally known as Rutland Road.
Formerly known as Manor House Road [K1909].