Part of the Lincoln House Estate. Drains were laid in 1871 [RB 23.6.1871]. Houses were under construction in 1872 [RB 30.8.1872]. The road was probably named after the 14th Earl of Derby, prime minister 1852, 1858-9 and 1866-8.
The 1896 O.S. shows the Lincoln Road end laid out but with no houses built. The road was occupied by 1899 [K].
Part of the Laurel Bank Estate. The 1896 O.S. shows the road partly built with houses on the west side only. See also Laurel Bank Road. The road was probably named after Sir Francis Drake.
A water main was laid in 1876 [RB 28.4.1876]. The first houses were occupied by 1903 [K]. The land was formerly owned by Henry Draper who farmed on the Ridgeway [K 1867].
Duck Lees Lane
Called Duck Leys Lane in an auctioneer’s catalogue of 1787. The name reflects the low-lying and marshy nature of the ground.
Developed from 1888 when plans for one house were submitted [RB 5.8.1888]. The road is named after Durants Arbor, a large house formerly standing on the south side of the Ride.